However small, the biceps are a group muscle that a lot of people want to work on and make pop. Here are 10 of the best exercises for wider biceps.
Getting wider biceps is not an easy task. The biceps are a small component of your arm and its main function is to bend your elbow. Therefore, the best exercises for wider biceps will focus mainly on curls.
Max Posternak is the founder of Gravity Transformation, a website focused on giving tips and training guidance for people looking to improve their fitness and lose weight. His YouTube channel has over 4 million subscribers.
Posternak shared his personal list of the best exercises for wider biceps.
Although you need to do curl to increase the size of your biceps, doing the same curls will only target one part of your biceps. With Posternak’s list of best exercises for wider biceps, you will hit this muscle group at every angle, increasing its size in every direction.
The exercises below will help you hit the long head (outside of the bicep) and the short head (the inside of your bicep).
Best Exercises for Wider Biceps
- 1. Hammer curl
- 2. Alternating crossbody hammer curl
- 3. Rope crossbody hammer curl
- 4. Concentration curl
- 5. Incline dumbbell curl
- 6. Wide grip cable preacher curl
- 7. Incline reverse grip cable curls
- 8. Reverse EZ bar spider curl
- 9. Outward bicep cable curl
- 10a. Wide grip barbell curl
- 10b. Wide grip barbell curl on a preacher
1. Hammer curl
Utilise a hammer curl bar to target the brachialis by holding the bar in a neutral hand grip.
2. Alternating crossbody hammer curl
3. Rope crossbody hammer curl
Another exercise to hit the brachialis.
4. Concentration curl
5. Incline dumbbell curl
6. Wide grip cable preacher curl
Utilise an EZ bar to hit the short head of your biceps.
7. Incline reverse grip cable curls
8. Reverse EZ bar spider curl
9. Outward bicep cable curl
10a. Wide grip barbell curl
Use an arm blaster if possible to hit the short head.
10b. Wide grip barbell curl on a preacher
This is an alternative to the previous exercise if an arm blaster is not available.
Max Posternak goes even further and shares some bonus best exercises for wider biceps such as the grip barbell curl to hit the long head, and drag curls and incline dumbbell curls for peak and height of the biceps.
Read More: 12 Must-Have Exercises In Your Training Program
- bicep-curl-workouts: Photo courtesy of CrossFit Inc.